I provide the following items at the hostel, to save you carrying them….
- Ecoleaf Washing up liquid
- Tea towels in the kitchen and a hand towel in each bathroom
- Ecoleaf dishwasher tablets
- Ecoleaf hand soap in kitchen and bathrooms
- Sheet & pillowcase for each bed (you just need a sleeping bag). I do have two spare duvets for guests who do not have a sleeping bag, but these need to be requested in advance.
- Biodegradable bin bags.
- Vegetable and olive oil.
- Salt and pepper.
- Jars of tea and coffee, (including decaf tea and coffee) sugar and biscuits…
- First aid kit including a burns kit.
- Toilet roll – do not bring your own supply, as the normal brands will block the toilet. Also, please do not use toilet wet wipes for the same reason.
- Items available on request:
- BBQ box with plates, 2 grills & utensils
- Toy boxes – large wooden train set, duplo Lego.
Things you may want to bring….
- Wood, matches & firelighters for the fire pits – do not use wood from Shining Cliff, it is being managed as a Site of Special Scientific Interest and the dead wood is being left on purpose to provide a habitat for mini-beasts and plants.
Extra things to consider…
- The hostel bedrooms (except bedroom 5) do not have plug sockets in. There are electrical sockets in the lounge. The bedrooms have an overhead light only, with no individual bed lights.
- If a cuppa is one of the first things you might like to have on arrival, make switching on the hot water boiler your first job – it can then take 20-30 minutes to get to temperature whilst you lug all your belongings to the hostel and should be heated up just as you finish!
- There are 3 hostel wheelbarrows attached to a chain in the car park which you can use to porter your belongings.
- If you do use the wheelbarrows, please ensure they are stored either in the hostel porch or locked back up at the car park. The light green metal wheelbarrow is not a hostel one, please do not use it.
- Sometimes groups are camping in the woodland, by prior agreement they will use the external tap just outside the kitchen window to top up their water. Please check with me if you would like to know if this would be happening during your stay.
- The hostel also has a woodland classroom; groups may be using this. Again, please ask me if you would like to know if groups are using it during your stay.
- Please be aware that the footpath to the hostel is part of a public footpath.
- The car park is shared with other groups using the woodland, please park considerately to enable others to park there. Please do not park outside NetherPark farm as this can cause access problems for the people living there.