Shining Cliff hostel has been welcoming visitors since the 1940s, so it is very exciting to be able to welcome people back to the hostel to enjoy the beautiful area, such as the view shown below from the picnic table area outside the hostel.
The following information lists what actions are being taken to reduce the risk of Coronavirus at Shining Cliff hostel.
- Shining Cliff hostel and Woodland classroom has a specific coronavirus risk assessment and cleaning schedule in place which are based on latest government advice and reviewed monthly.
- Acquiring the Industry Standard mark means that Shining Cliff hostel has followed government and industry COVID-19 guidelines, has a Risk Assessment in place and a process to maintain cleanliness and aid social distancing.
- The cleaning checklist details what is done at the hostel prior to your arrival.
- Unfortunately, due to the 7 hours required to deep clean the hostel, the arrival and departure times have had to be amended. Guests are asked to leave by 10am and can arrive from 5pm.
Booking and payment process.
- The booking and payment is all based online, to reduce unnecessary contact.
- The cancellation policy will not apply if the booking needs to be cancelled due to Coronavirus. The booking can be transferred to a different available date or refunded.
Track and trace support
The government guidance requests that a record is kept of all guests and a contact number for 21 days. After this time the information will be deleted.
- Shining Cliff hostel is run solely by myself, Kate Tuck, there are no other people involved in running the hostel. I also work as a nurse and have contact with Covid positive patients. Every measure has been taken to reduce any risks while working at the hostel. Hand washing occurs before leaving home, after getting to the hostel and then at regular intervals as per government guidance. Gloves and facemask are worn during hostel cleaning and preparation for a group. If guests would rather have a longer gap between bookings then please contact Kate to discuss any options for this.
- It is expected that any person in the booking who has symptoms or starts experiencing the symptoms of Coronavirus will immediately return home to self-isolate, and any other members sharing the household with that person. This must be reported to Kate Tuck to ensure the correct cleaning is carried out.
Sole use bookings only
Shining Cliff hostel is unable to accommodate shared bookings at present, and can only be hired for sole use by a group. Government advice on 23rd June states that two household groups can meet and stay overnight. Any booking accepted at Shining Cliff hostel assumes that the person making the booking is adhering to the government guidance.